Eden of the East
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction and Rules

Go down

Introduction and Rules Empty Introduction and Rules

Post  Mr. OUTSIDE Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:10 pm

"Greetings. I'm Mr. Outside. Guided by my own convictions, I have decided to personally select twelve Messiahs to save this country, whom I call the Seleção. From today on, you're a Seleção. Congratulations."

For those not completely familiar with the world of Eden of the East, here is a small plot summary, on which this RP will be based on.

In the late 2010's, a mysterious man known as "Mr. Outside" embarks on a strange mission, giving 12 selected individuals in Japan 10 billion yen for them to spend. This huge sum is in digital currency only and cannot be exchanged for real world money. These "Seleção" are allowed to spend the money how they see fit, but they must make use of the money to find a way to "save" the country. Eden of the East is an anime about number IX's journey discovering his involvement in this this strange conspiracy after losing his memory during his time as a Seleção.

I however, am going to start the experiment over in roleplay form. I will gather characters into the forums, Seleção hopefuls, you could say. Out of the throng, I will select the Seleção and give them their mission. Then, the characters will all interact as they see fit, toward the goal of finding out how to "save" Japan. Or, they may follow their own goals and try to track down Mr. Outside, try to sabotage to other Seleção for their ten billion, or simply ignore the goals of Mr. Outside and spend the money as they see fit.

The choice is yours.

Forum Rules
-Don't spam. You know what that means, I trust I won't have to explain it.
-Excessive misbehavior, rages, spams, trolls, etc, are grounds for banning at my discretion. But I am a kind lord, and will warn you first.
-Keep player-to-player chat in General Discussion, and character-to-character chat to Roleplay.
-Mr. OUTSIDE is both a character in the roleplay and the admin's profile. Questions and comments can be PM'd to OUTSIDE, but he will be unreachable in roleplay unless a character miraculously uncovers him.
-Juiz's profile is roleplay only. All PM's sent to her will be treated as roleplay, and if you are not in control of a Seleção phone, it will likely be completely ignored. So, if you are able to contact her, think twice if you message her something in jest. It will be taken seriously.

Roleplay Rules
-Don't post a character in any in character thread until they're accepted.
-Don't God-mod or power-play. In other words, keep your character on the same level as the others to keep it fair
-Don't post in a private thread without an invite.
-When making an RP thread, the subject should include at least the location of the interaction, and optionally the people involved. Example: "Mary and Gary at Tokyo Bus Stop" or "Convenience Store, Shibuya"
-No contacting Juiz unless you are in control of a Seleção phone.
-Your actions within roleplay are, for the most part, completely free, with the above exceptions. Any actions that the character "Mr. Outside" will be taken will be indirect until he is discovered, and Juiz will only act at the behest of the Seleção.
-However, you won't be completely helpless. In the event that your character must meet with an important public figure (ie: CEO's, the PM, etc), I will step in to RP as them. Likewise, social commentary--or how the public at large or the state of the country--will appear in Public Announcements.
-Be willing to let your character die. Especially in terms of the Seleção, sometimes situations arrive when death may not be absolutely inevitable, but at least imminent. Accept that, instead of demanding that your character be kept alive indefinitely for selfish reasons.
-Finally, yes, there is an end to this story. I've predetermined what constitutes saving the nation in Mr. OUTSIDE's eyes. As characters go along the right path, they will discover what it means, as well as drawing closer to Mr. OUTSIDE himself and the end of the mission.

Seleção Rules
-The 12 Seleção will be chosen secretly via PM's to the chosen members by me after I have received enough characters. The Seleção will also be given a mission via PM. One of the 12 Seleção will also be chosen as a "Supporter," which will be used for the following purposes: protecting Juiz in roleplay if needed, and terminating Seleção for failing their mission.
-The Seleção are free to reveal to other characters and players their status and mission as a Seleção, and are not expressly required to hold anything back.
-However, the character chosen as the single Supporter is not allowed to reveal their status as a Supporter to another character. If word gets back to Juiz or Mr. OUTSIDE (and it's very likely it will), this will result in them commanding the Supporter's termination.
-Character death or other actions as commanded by Mr. OUTSIDE or Juiz (such as having the Supporter assassinate someone, or any action requested by a Seleção) is free to the same circumstances as everyone else in role play. It can possibly be avoided within reasonable limits.
-Seleção will not be replaced upon death. However, the Supporter will. Whenever a Supporter is killed, a new one will be appointed, and the rules of the role imposed upon him/her.

Seleção phones
-Seleção phones automatically become controlled by each Seleção when they are inducted. They are charged with 10 billion yen, and show both the life/death status of each Seleção by number and the history of each Seleção's requests with Juiz.
-Any person in control of a phone may be able to gain access to these privleges.
-Seleção phones will become unavailable if the character loses his physically or dies.
-You do not necessarily have to be the matching number to be in control of a Seleção phone. If a phone is stolen by or given to another of the 12, and he is able to successfully activate it, they are also given control of that phone as well.
-Thus, of course, you also do not necessarily need to be a Seleção to be in control of a Seleção phone.

About Juiz
-Juiz is Mr. OUTSIDE's personal servant, and is one of only two primary means in which Mr. OUTSIDE will interact with characters.
-Only people with Seleção phones are able to contact Juiz.
-Characters may contact Juiz both possible ways:
1) PM-ing her -- This is preferred for simple, non-important requests or questions. In other words, anything other players really don't need to see.
2) Posting a thread -- This is preferred for plot-important requests or conversations. You may just post in any thread that your character is contacting Juiz, and she will respond.
How you contact Juiz is really up to you, depending on whether or not you think other players should see.
-Juiz is the Seleção's personal concierge, and her primary purpose is to answer any possible request given by the Seleção. There are exceptions to what requests you can ask Juiz to do. You will learn most of these as you go along.
-You are free to converse with Juiz as long as you have a phone. Don't expect to get too many answers out of her though.

Last edited by Mr. OUTSIDE on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:32 am; edited 8 times in total
Mr. OUTSIDE
Mr. OUTSIDE
Admin

Character Profile
Name: Mr. OUTSIDE
Gender; Age: Male; unknown
Appearance:

https://edenoftheeast.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Introduction and Rules Empty Re: Introduction and Rules

Post  Mr. OUTSIDE Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:03 pm

Here is a preview for the interest of the participants: This is the phone that I have made. Rather simplistic, but I believe it will function well enough.

Introduction and Rules Selphone

The balance and history will alter frequently of course. There will also be collapsible lists that display more details about each transaction record.

The picture displaying the status of the Seleção will also change whenever one of the 12 dies.
Mr. OUTSIDE
Mr. OUTSIDE
Admin

Character Profile
Name: Mr. OUTSIDE
Gender; Age: Male; unknown
Appearance:

https://edenoftheeast.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum